Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LetsTalkPlanB #CollectiveBias #Ad
In recent months, I have started to incorporate content that is more personal, informative, and useful. With that being said, Plan B One-Step is a topic I believe to be an useful resource for women. Therefore, I wanted to dispel the common myths regarding the emergency contraceptive pill. Also, Plan B One-Step can easily be found at a nearby Target.
The Most Common Myths about Plan B One-Step
- It’s Abortion – Often times, people confuse emergency contraceptives with medication abortion pills. However, they are not the same thing at all. Plan B will prevent a pregnancy before it happens by delaying ovulation! Therefore, it is not abortion by any means.
- Morning After Pill – Yes, Plan B is the most effective within the first 24 hours of unprotected sex. But, the product is also effective within 24-72 hours after unprotected sex. Keep in mind, the odds are much better than not taking anything at all after unprotected sex.
- Harms Fertility – There is no evidence that taking the Plan B emergency contraceptive affects fertility. In other words, this emergency contraceptive is a safe and effective backup option to prevent an accidental pregnancy in case you had unprotected sex or contraceptive failure.
- The active ingredient, levonorgestrel, is the same ingredient in many common birth control pills – just at a higher, single dose.
- Plan B works mainly by delaying ovulation – it helps to prevent pregnancy BEFORE it begins.
- It is not an abortion pill and it will not affect an existing pregnancy.
- It is not meant to be used as your regular birth control and it doesn’t protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- You do not need an ID or prescription to purchase and there is no age restriction
Keep in mind, the emergency contraception pill is an important option for all women and their family planning efforts. Half of the women who use Plan B are 18-24 and the other half are 25+. With that being said, there is a common misperception that it’s younger women who use the product but that is just not true. Starting a family should be a decision not an accident. In the past, I have used Plan B One-Step to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Today, I am glad the emergency contraceptive was available because it gave me the opportunity to have control over my future. It is a without a doubt that I highly recommend women to inform themselves further about the ECP.
– The following coupon is available for $10 off of your Plan B One-Step purchase –