Instead of spending hours in the kitchen trying to build mole’s complex flavor, add DOÑA MARÍA® paste to your favorite dish. You no longer have to reserve mole for special occasions! Mole can be a versatile sauce for any time of the year. Therefore I wanted to share a recipe that was traditional with a modern twist. Say goodbye to regular enchiladas, as mole takes them to another level.
- Part skim milk cheese
- Abuelita chocolate bar
- Corn tortillas
- Sour cream
- DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
- Sesame seeds
The traditional chicken mole plate definitely is one of my favorite Mexican dishes. However since it requires for hours to be spend in the kitchen, I never make it. Fortunately DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original has a paste I can use to recreate different dishes.
Step by Step – 2 Servings:
- In a blender add 2 tablespoons of DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
- Chicken broth
- About 5-10 crackers
- Half a slice of Abuelita chocolate
- Blend until smooth
- In a large frying pan over medium flame add the blended ingredients
- Stir until consistency thickens
- Heat up about 8 tortillas
- Place the warm tortillas in a plate
- Add chicken and cheese to the middle of the tortilla
- Fold the tortillas the way enchiladas go
- Pour the mole over the folded tortillas
- Top them off with more cheese and sesame seeds
In all honesty I love adding a modern twist to traditional dishes because I understand most of us don’t have hours to spend preparing a dish. I do hope you found this recipe easy to follow and maybe try it for yourself in the near future.