In the light of summer starting later this week I found it appropriate to share couple of tips. More specifically, tips on how to achieve the appearance of healthy looking skin and hair. From time to time, I’m asked how I am able to maintain healthy looking hair and glowing skin. As an influencer I try to be as transparent as possible when trying products, to only recommend what has worked for me. Therefore, I hope you are able to benefit from any of the tips I shared down below.
3 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Hair
- Don’t wash your hair! I can’t stress enough, how important it is not to wash hair regularly. Actually, the natural oils of the scalp help the hair recover it’s shine.
- Dry Shampoo. Of course, trying to extend hair washes can result in unwanted odors during hot summer days. Therefore, the use of dry shampoo is a must! Recently, I have been using the Clairol Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo that I found at Grocery Outlet.
- Shampoo and Conditioner. For the purpose of maintaining healthy hair, it is important to stay away from products with Sulfates and Parabens. In fact, both are harmful to the hair and using products without them is a must.
3 Tips for Glowing Skin
- Lip Balm. Use a lip balm with sunscreen even if you’re going to apply lipstick on top. This will help prevent further wrinkles and discoloration of the lips. Recently, I have been enjoying the Chap Stick Moisturizer Mixstix because it’s a duo. Also, I score a deal on it at Grocery Outlet.
- Moisturize. Elbows, feet and ankles can get very dry! Try a moisturizing lotion to keep them healthy and smooth. If the dryness persists, try using a body butter or vitamin e oil.
- Drink Water. The sun can dry your skin and make you sweat more. For this reason, keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. If you’re active, you need to drink at least 8 glasses of water during the day. Lastly, water also helps the skin and hair appear glowing and healthy.
Every year, summer takes a toll on the skin and hair. The blazing heat, pollution, and humidity wipe off the natural glow of the hair and skin. To avoid the appearance of dull skin or hair, I shared the tips I live by during the hot weather. Furthermore, if you have any tips or tricks you swear by please leave me a comment.