Trump Gives a 6 Month Delay on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Nothing to Disclose. #DefendDACA
Trump Gives a 6 Month Delay on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Earlier today, the news of president Trump giving a 6 month delay on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program was release. Also commonly known as; DACA. The program has given work permits among other opportunities to over 800,000 young adults throughout the country. As a result, of today’s release I can’t help but feel inferior, anger, and disappointment.

Under the circumstances, I feel it’s important to raise our voice for those who can’t. After, much thought I decided to go ahead and publish this post. Although, I have always stayed away from controversial topics until now. In short, I feel others might find motivation throughout the words I share in this post.  Therefore, I decided to share more about my personal life and struggles with you all.

Daily Diabetes Health Pack #NatureMadeHealthPack

First, I’ll like to take a moment to describe the background I come from. In order, to help you understand why this particular topic hits close to the heart for me. Back in 2004, is when I first arrive in California from Mexico to reside for an unknown period of time. Fast forward to 2017, about thirteen years later I still live in Southern California.

Until, couple of years ago I was undocumented. In other words, what people often refer to illegal, aliens, and criminals. As a result, I know exactly what it means to have a future that you have no control over. Therefore, my heart goes out to those 800,000 young adults who are part of DACA. With this in mind, I never forget where I come from nor where I am heading towards. Let’s all come together to show American and the Trump administration what us immigrants are capable of.

Trump Gives a 6 Month Delay on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

I as an immigrant in this country, know how difficult it can be to push towards a better future without legal status. All these people who are part of DACA; yearn for an opportunity to succeed in this country. I just can’t understand how there is so much hatred and racism towards immigrants. I am not a criminal just because I lived in this country illegally for multiple years. Nor am I, a better person because I obtained legal status in recent years.

At the moment, I feel completely useless. I wish I could do something to help those affected by today’s news. Please Dreamers, don’t give up yet! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and we all need to push forward together.

1. September 5, 2017 / 7:51 PM

Thanks so much for posting this! I know that many immigrants are coming to America to make themselves a better life and while doing so are also in the process are working hard contributing to the American way. I hope that things will become fair to all who want to be in this country and will have a way to be here legally. Please feel free to post this on #MyPostMonday lnik-up. I curate the best original content of the week and this is a great and heartfelt post!

2. September 8, 2017 / 12:32 AM

I’m in Australia and we are horrified constantly at the news of what Trump’s government is doing. I hope the protections that have been in place continue and those affected can continue to live in peace without having to worry about unnecessary deportation x

• Betzy Cuellar
      September 11, 2017 / 10:28 AM

I honestly have a hard time accepting the way Trump is handling situations.

3. Claudia Krusch
    September 8, 2017 / 5:49 AM

I was shocked when I heard Trump was doing this. I feel terrible for all the people this is going to effect.

4. September 8, 2017 / 7:29 AM

I also try to stay out of controversial discussions but I’d like to offer an opinion. I think Trump really want’s to give amnesty to the DACA recipients which is why he offset the decision for 6 months. He said congress had better come to a solution or he would “revisit” this decision. I’m sure you know this is a country of laws and Obama’s DACA order is unconstitutional. Trump is attempting to do what congress and other presidents have been unable to do and that is comprehensive immigration reform. Nobody wants families broken up or young adults deported from the only country most of them only know or remember.

• Betzy Cuellar
      September 11, 2017 / 10:34 AM

While I do not agree with your opinion, I respect it. Thank you, for responding to the post in a respectful way. I do hope that DACA recipients are able to obtain amnesty.

5. September 8, 2017 / 12:54 PM

It is very sad that this is happening. Even though I live in Canada, we have been hearing about this a lot on the news.

6. September 8, 2017 / 5:09 PM

These young adults came here as children and should not get deported. They need to be protected regardless of what Americans opinions are on immigration.

• Betzy Cuellar
      September 11, 2017 / 10:28 AM

I couldn’t agree more.

7. September 9, 2017 / 4:45 AM

Thanks for sharing your view on this. Too many of us stay quiet that should be opening our mouths. My opinion follows:
    We should share God’s love with others, no matter their origin. I am okay with people staying or coming here, as long as it doesn’t risk our own children’s safety.

• Betzy Cuellar
      September 11, 2017 / 10:29 AM

Yes, many of us decide to keep quiet. For example, I have always stayed away from controversial topics but not anymore. If I can help in any way to speak up in any way to defend immigrants, I will.

8. September 9, 2017 / 10:36 AM

So glad to see you speaking out & maybe I should do the same. I was born here but my father came from Germany at the end of WW2 and my mother’s parents were from Germany & Ireland. We are a country of immigrants and we should be much more open to helping people find a new live in this country.

I’ve named the WH occupant the destructor as all he seems to care about are headlines & tearing this country apart … so sad & now we have to fight to get congress to do their job!

• Betzy Cuellar
      September 11, 2017 / 10:30 AM

If there is anything you ever want to speak up about, do so. It might be challenging for one reason or another, but it will be worth it.

9. September 10, 2017 / 1:58 PM

Great post. I too was sad & angry when I heard the news & I am a US citizen. I really hope something good comes out of this.

10. September 11, 2017 / 8:35 AM

I’m so sorry for the way that you feel, I can’t imagine what immigrants and people that have to go through this are feeling. Hopefully Congress will come up with a better resolution! Thanks for sharing!

• Betzy Cuellar
      September 11, 2017 / 10:32 AM

Although, it does not affect me personally it hits very close to the heart for me. As an immigrant, I know what others feel regarding this new decision.

11. September 11, 2017 / 6:04 PM

So sad to hear about this but I’m praying that everything will fall into perfect place.

12. Blair villanueva
    September 15, 2017 / 9:57 AM

Am not familiar with rulings under DACA. Are recipients (young adults as you’ve stated) have legal working papers and legal residency status/citizenship? I realized that having a legal citizenship is like investments… You have to invest on it and guard it with your life.