Modern Twist to the Traditional Caramel Flan Recipe

Easy and Delicious Flan with NESTLÉ® La Lechera #unidosconlalechera

Christmas festivities are soon approaching and having a go to recipe for gatherings is a must for everyone. If you’ve been wondering how to make flan, this is you’re go to recipe. The star of the recipe is NESTLÉ® La Lechera that is easily found at Walmart for as low as $1.47!

Easy and Delicious Flan with NESTLÉ® La Lechera #unidosconlalechera
Easy and Delicious Flan with NESTLÉ® La Lechera #unidosconlalechera

Ingredients

• 3 Eggs
  • 1 can of NESTLÉ® La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz.
  • 1 can of NESTLÉ® Carnation Evaporated Milk
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract

Easy and Delicious Flan with NESTLÉ® La Lechera #unidosconlalechera
Easy and Delicious Flan with NESTLÉ® La Lechera #unidosconlalechera

Step by Step

1. Starting by preheating the oven to 350
  2. In a saucepan, cook and stir the sugar over medium-low heat until it has melted and is of a golden color, for about 15 minutes. Then, quickly pour into an ungreased 1qt round baking or souffle dish, tilting to coat the bottom. For better results let it stand for approximately 10 minutes.
  3. In a blender, beat the eggs one at a time until thoroughly combined.
  4. Follow, but adding the remaining ingredients to mix well for 15 seconds.
  5. Now, pour the mix over the caramelized sugar.
  6. Cover the recipient lightly with aluminum foil.
  7. Bake for the around 50 minutes. To finish the recipe refrigerate over night, and enjoy the next day.

Easy and Delicious Flan with NESTLÉ® La Lechera #unidosconlalechera
Easy and Delicious Flan with NESTLÉ® La Lechera #unidosconlalechera

Flan has been a family tradition for years and it’s one I continue to bake during festivities. For the next gathering on you’re agenda be sure to give this recipe a try.

1. December 1, 2017 / 7:19 PM

Wow! I hear it’s a delicate process to make flan. I’m so impressed you’ve made it at home! It looks perfect and I’m sure it tastes just as good as it looks.

2. Gladys parker
    December 1, 2017 / 9:39 PM

I have family that are half Mexican and live the life. One cousin makes the best flan. It is so yummy I wait for the holidays they are here. Maybe one time I should use your recipe with La Lechera from NESTLE and see what everyone thinks. Love the outfit by the way!

3. Kelly Reci
    December 1, 2017 / 10:20 PM

I’m always mesmerized by caramel flan. It may take time to bake this but I know it is all worth it. This is perfect for this beautiful season.

4. December 2, 2017 / 3:44 AM

Flan is a treat we usually have to enjoy at a restaurant. My daughter will be thrilled when I make this for her.

5. December 2, 2017 / 6:19 AM

This looks really good! It would be so nice to give this dessert a try and have it on your table for Christmas! Thanks for the recipe! I’d love to try that can of NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed!

6. Ann Bacciaglia
    December 2, 2017 / 8:23 PM

I will have to add NESTLÉ® La Lechera to my shopping list. It will be perfect for some of the holiday treats I am planning on making.

7. Dogvills
    December 4, 2017 / 6:57 AM

Family traditions are great, especially during the holidays. The heirloom recipes handed down from great grandparents are the best. We have a flan recipe too but we use only egg yolks, caramelized sugar, white granulated sugar, evaporated milk and a dash of vanilla. We steam it instead of baking it. The egg whites? We make meringue out of it. 🙂

8. December 5, 2017 / 10:05 AM

This looks so yummy and easy to do. Flan is one of my favorite postres. La lechera makes anything taste good and im sure this flan was soo good.