The Story of How I First Found Out I was Expecting

This post contains affiliate links. However, all opinions are mine alone.

The Story of How I First Found Out I was Expecting

To begin with, I’ve had nothing but an amazing response from you all since sharing the ‘What to Expect During the First Trimester of Pregnancy‘ post. Again, thank you all for the kind words since announcing the pregnancy. Back in November of 2017, I started to experience a series of symptoms. At the time, I had no idea the symptoms were due to pregnancy. For this reason, I started mentioning my symptoms to people close to me. As a result, I had several individuals ask if there was a chance I could be expecting. In all honesty, I was shocked to hear the question and instantly denied the possibility. With this in mind, I tossed the possibility of pregnancy and continue to ignore the symptoms for a bit longer.

Series of Symptoms I First Experienced

• Fatigue
  • An increase amount of hunger
  • Frequent visits to the restroom
  • Bloated

The Story of How I First Found Out I was Expecting

Let’s fast forward to December 13, 2017 the afternoon I found out I was expecting. Around noon, I started to experience nausea that led to puking after eating an orange. Fact: I can no longer digest oranges. At the instant, I thought could I possibly be pregnant? Unsettled, I decided to head over to Dollar Tree and purchase multiple pregnancy test. In the past, I’ve heard people mentioned the test were just as good as those from Target or Walmart. Since, I was almost sure the result would turn out to be negative I decided to opt for the cheaper alternative. Without delay, I headed to the restroom instantly and followed the instructions on the package. In a matter, of seconds I started to see two faint lines developed. In all honesty, I felt multiple emotions at once that I lapse to the ground. At the same time, I decided to give the test another run and had the same result. At that time, I was sure those pregnancy test were expired and useless.

In my opinion, the next logical move was to head over to a clinic for a pregnancy test. Fortunately, I was able to book a same day appointment at a nearby facility. After, what appeared to be an eternity I was told by the practitioner “congratulations, you’re expecting”. All of a sudden, a burst of emotions and thoughts started to flood through my head. At the same time, I knew I was going to keep the baby regardless of what anyone had to say.

The Story of How I First Found Out I was Expecting

As a result, I had to schedule the first prenatal visit of many to come. Given that, I tend to have an irregular period an ultrasound was a necessity. On December 16, 2017 I was fortunate enough to see and hear the fetus for the first time. It is safe to say, I instantly fell in love with the growing baby inside of me.  In short, that is the story of how I first found out I was expecting.

– Shop The Post –

1. February 27, 2018 / 11:35 AM

It is so nice to read about how you found out you were pregnant. It must have been a bit of a shock for you after being in denial that it could be even possible.

2. February 27, 2018 / 11:55 AM

Congratulations, you look so beautiful and glowing this is time to enjoy your pregnancy journey. I remember my pregnancy where unfortunately I got morning sickness till the end which was not pleasant but I got a lovely boy as a result. I wish you all the best and lots of blessings to you and your family.

3. February 27, 2018 / 12:07 PM

What a great story. You look fabulous! I was in denial with my first. I was 19 and I kept feeling sick and I assumed it was college stress. Nope. Oops.

4. Andrea
    February 27, 2018 / 2:34 PM

This reminds me of how my friend found out, she had a lot of the same symptoms you did at first. she didn’t want to take an at home one and went straight to the clinic, and it was like a week later that she was able to get an appt and then she was ecstatic.

5. February 27, 2018 / 3:37 PM

Congratulations on your bundle of joy! Very excited for you and can’t wait to see photos!

6. February 27, 2018 / 7:26 PM

What a great story! I just announced that I’m expecting as well.

7. February 28, 2018 / 12:44 AM

😮 will there be more to the story in the future ? 😋 congratulations none the less 🙂 you will be an incredible mommy 🙂

8. February 28, 2018 / 6:43 AM

Congratulations on the bundle of joy! I actually thought I had the flu when I was pregnant! I didn’t go to the doctor for weeks! haha

9. Jay Colby
    February 28, 2018 / 7:57 AM

I’ve always liked reading articles where the witter is transparent about their story. This was a great story about how you found that you were pregnant.

10. February 28, 2018 / 8:07 AM

Aw, how exciting. Wishing you the best during your pregnancy. There’s something about the initial ultrasound that takes away all the doubts you’ve ever felt.

11. February 28, 2018 / 3:07 PM

I was a little surprised because all the symptoms I felt were normal for when my monthly hit. Boy, was I surprised when it turned out I was pregnant and not on a monthly at all!

12. February 28, 2018 / 6:44 PM

You are absolutely glowing. Congratulations on your new little one and I pray for a smooth delivery.

13. March 1, 2018 / 7:13 AM

That’s a cool and crazy story. Congrats! Pregnancy is such a crazy thing to go through I’m sure.

14. March 1, 2018 / 10:06 AM

Such a neat story. I remember finding out about my pregnancies…such a exciting time.

15. March 1, 2018 / 11:12 AM

OMG, this just reminded me of my first time finding out too. And like you, that first heartbeat marked the first time I fell in love with my daughter. It hasn’t changed…

16. March 1, 2018 / 1:25 PM

It is so relieving to hear that everyone’s first reaction isn’t always joy! I love your transparency in this post, it’s really helped validate some feelings I’ve felt in one of my pregnancies.