How to Improve Self Confidence Through the Disrupt Aging Campaign

This post is made possible with support from AARP’s Disrupt Aging. All opinions are my own.

Women Online recently partnered with AARP’s and their Disrupt Aging campaign. The campaign is geared to encourage women to rethink the negative stories about aging, smash any stereotypes, and upend negative conversations. Most importantly, the movement is not only geared to aging women but to younger generations as well.

Cindy Gallop is currently the dynamic speaker for the campaign and has a lot to add. For example, she recommends women of all age groups to live life with a challenge. In other words, speak up your age and don’t be ashamed of growing older. As a matter of fact, the older you get the better life gets Cindy Gallop asserts.

How to Improve Self Confidence

• Value Yourself. In order, to value yourself going against the norms is a must.
  • Dream. The idea of aging advertise is absurd! Therefore, dream of what aging means to you.
  • Potential. Most importantly, remember the enormous potential you hold.

For instance, it is natural for any culture to have a set of norms, labels, and values. Therefore, when an individual such as a women decides to step out the ordinary a chaotic scene starts to form. With this in mind, Gallop urges women to follow their own beliefs regardless of others opinions.

1. Gladys parker
    February 5, 2018 / 3:19 PM

That is an awesome project. I am in my 50’s living as though I were 80. I want to change but because of some barriers feel in adequate. I’m on my journey very slowly and I don’t want my daughter and granddaughters to ever feel insignificant. I hope programs like this start all over the place.

2. Drake Conan
    February 6, 2018 / 12:40 AM

Such a great campaign for every woman. My wife is very conscious everytime she gets older. Must share this with her.

3. Elizabeth O
    February 6, 2018 / 6:32 AM

This sounds like a perfect campaign to promote. I have struggled with my self worth as I have aged so I really felt your tips you provided made me think about my value more!

4. February 6, 2018 / 6:39 AM

Yep, I have to learn to value myself more. I tend to be much harder on myself than my family is on me.

5. February 6, 2018 / 9:38 AM

This is such a fun project. My mom would definitely be interested in following this because she is a baby boomer. I love how AARP is changing with the times–I just wrote an article for them!

6. February 6, 2018 / 10:01 AM

Such great advice. Aging brings new confidence and wisdom. We should embrace, not fear it or feel like we are less than because we actually have even more to share.

7. February 6, 2018 / 2:00 PM

So many people I know really struggle with self confidence. This is going to be huge in helping them to fix that.

8. February 6, 2018 / 6:43 PM

Valuing yourself is key. If you do not others will most likely not value you. Aging is a privilege and should be respected.

9. Rosey
    February 7, 2018 / 4:17 AM

Everyone has so much potential. I believe it is so important to value yourself!

10. Our Family World
    February 7, 2018 / 2:14 PM

I think age should not diminish the way you value yourself. More than the physical signs of aging, I think maintaining the confidence you had in your youth should not decrease. After all, you don’t lose anything when you age. In fact, you gain at lot of experience from aging!